The Voice of Pacific Women
The Voice of Pacific Women Network Group is made up of an enthusiastic team of Pacific women who are working together to promote good health and address other issues of importance to their communities.
The Voice of Pacific Women first broadcast on Friday 20 October 2000. The presenters were Guinevere Newport and Lupe Tuulua from Diabetes Life Education.
Our Aim: To improve the health of Pacific people through promotion of healthy lifestyle messages with a focus on nutrition and physical activity.
- The Group meets every two months to discuss issues of the weekly programme and feedback.
- VOPW programmes goes on air every Friday morning from 10am to 11am.
- Monthly rosters are put in place for panellists.
- Word for Today
- Introductions & Run down of Program
- Music (dance – physical activity)
- Health Tip and Recipe
- Guest Speaker
- Music followed by dedications
- Success Stories
The programme won an Achievement Award at Plains FM's Anniversary ceremony in 2001.
The Pacific community is increasingly taking responsibility for their health and wellbeing.
Men are our great advocates – they tell others about the programme especially at gatherings.
Pacific women from various cultures give us positive anecdotal feedback.
Pacific people are asking for information such as recipes and invite us to present our work.
For future information please contact:
Community & Public Health
Phone: (03) 379 9480
PO Box 1475, Christchurch