FemAcoustica is a radio program on Plains FM 96.9 dedicated to promoting awareness, developing community, accessibility and connection for and with women in acoustic music. The emphasis is on New Zealand artists (though not exclusively) and is sponsored by Creative Communities Chch.
The host of FemAcoustica is Lynette Diaz, an American-born, Christchurch-based Singer-Songwriter. Lynette released her debut CD, ‘Lyrics In My Head’ in late-2008. In 2009, her songwriting skills have garnered several songwriting honourable mentions in international competitions. Lynette actively performs in both New Zealand and the United States.
Besides her own music, she is also active in promoting other New Zealand female acoustic artists through the New Zealand Women's Acoustic Collective, which she founded in 2008 . The NZWAC celebrates a sense of community and collaboration amongst member female artists. FemAcoustica is a natural progression of the NZWAC mission.
• Artist Interviews
• Reviews of local performances
• Calendar of upcoming events
• Artist spotlights
• Album reviews
• News related to music
• Industry tips by guests
• Interviews with community representatives that can provide assistance to women artists
• live or pre-recorded live music from in-studio
• Interviews of out-of-country artists who may be performing soon in NZ, such as acoustic artists playing in Chch venues.
So tune into Lynette Diaz, Wednesday from 4pm monthly (every 2nd Wed of the month).